Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Day 11

So, today was my first class as a yellowbelt. Along with the physical test that was required for receiving my yellowbelt, I also had to write an essay about my Tang Soo journey and read it in front of the class. I did this today as I wasn't expecting to test last class and was, therefore, unprepared. The purpose of reading the essay in front of the class was to demonstrate and practice leadership. As a student of Tang Soo Do I am expected to be a leader.

I learned two new things in class today. The first was the next portion of the Kee Cho Hyung Ee Bo. So, I know about half of it at the moment. I also learned the Axe Kick. Here, I'll look up the Korean. Jik Kee is the Korean. So, I know Aph Cha Kee, Yup Cha Kee, and Jik Kee. The person I was working with said he thought I was a natural at kicking. I never know when to believe people though. I also did some sparring practice today. We just practiced kick, punch, punch without the defender doing anything. I suppose I'm on my way to actual sparring. I should probably get some equipment.

I also need to learn how to say "thankyou" in Korean. I'll look it up right now. It's Gam Sa Hab Ni Da. I think that's something a yellowbelt should know. Actually, that's probably something a whitebelt should known.

The new girl can only come on Tuesday's now, and for the first 30 mins of class on Thursday. She's coming along a little better. She still doesn't have much power behind her movements, and her ki-ups are still a bit week. I should ask her about her past physical experiences. Maybe I should interview her. That would be a good idea, and the other female in the class too, as well as Master Miller, to see if they think the frailty myth is with them, or with the females they have observed.

Well, I really don't have much more to say. I've been running in the mornings. I actually ran in the rain when it was 35 degrees out. Never thought I'd make myself do that. But I did it and it wasn't too bad. Today's run was a little tought, but they usually are after I've worked my legs (I did them the day before) and especially when I'm sore (which I was today).

So, not much to add to my experience with the frailty myth, but just a little update. Adjusting to my school routine is a little rouch, but Tang Soo Do helps relieve some stress. I was really tense this morning and afternoon, but in T.S.D class and afterwards I felt great. Anyway, I am running out of time. Gotta do Yoga before I go to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Site Counters