Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Day 13

Hum, so I don't have much time tonight to write, but I learned the rest of the Kee Cho Hyung Ee Bo. I performed it in front of the class, as we were practicing approaching the judges (my first competition is in two weeks). I received a relatively high score, although I wasn't positive I heard the judges properly. But one of the students approached me after class and told me I was doing very well. He said my stances were nice and low and that my feet knew where they were going.

Anway, not much more I can add to the frailty myth thing. I started writing more on my thesis. I think I'm going to do a final write up about this project in late April. I'll post that on here to sum things up.

I did have something intelligent to say about the frailty myth and something that occured at the gym, but since I'm rushed this evening, my brain isn't relaxed enough to remember what that was. Hum, I think it may have had to do with just the sheer ignorance of feminine strength. I mean, I look at older men, men who are out of shape, which really is the large majority of men in this country, and I think, I'm certainly more agile and in some instance, I have more strength than some men. So, why do people down play feminie strength so much. Also, I really think that men just have more strength because they're in the gym trying to build muscles. I've never seen a women in my gym who is seriously working at increasing her strength. Of course this is all anecdotal, but I bring this up as it does correspond with the frailty myth. I probably didn't articulate this as carefully as I should have, but like I said, I'm running short on time. I'll try to add more to this strain of thought next time.

Off to do some yoga!

Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Site Counters