Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Day 15

Well, yesterday I was weighed and measured at the gym. I now officially have the body composition of an athlete! Yeah! I went down 2% body fat, which is pretty good for just one month. I went up in weight, which is expected since I'm gaining muscle. At curves I rarely dopped a whole two percent in one month. So, I must be doing some things right. I've upped my carbohydrate intake a little bit. I now eat a piece of fruit in the morning, usually a grapfruit or tangerine, and I allow my self two pieces of chocolate in the evening. I am also allowing myself one meal a month to splurge on. Knowing that I get one meal where I can eat anything helps to stop my nibbling and tasting of everything, which adds up in the long run. The funny thing is though, I'm usually reluctant to actually go through with it.

Anway, I learned a new kick today: the back kick, or Duit Cha Kee. It's a little more difficult than the others. So, I really need to practice it! We also performed our forms in front of the class again. One of the midnight blue belts told me everything looked good. I just need to get my stances a little bit lower. Oh, I was also informed last class that I will be the only person in my division at the competition. Which kinda sucks, but I'll still get a score and get the exprience of perfoming at a competition. The competition is this weekend. I'll have to get up really freaking early to get there, but it should be good. So, I know almost everything I need for the test. I still need to practice it though. I need the next form and another hand escape and then I'll have everything.

Also, at the end of class today, Master Miller spoke to the new girl and I for a bit. He was telling us that as smaller people we have an advantage and a disadvantage. But somewhere along the line the new girl started explaining how she felt weak and at a large disadvantage beacuse of her size. This is what I had a feeling of earlier. She's slightly bigger than I am, but I think because she limits herself mentally, and therefore physically, I am alot stronger and able than she is. It's really interesting to see how one's gender philosophy can truly inhibit his or her phyiscal development. But, MTSDI is a great place to overcome this philosophy and re-define one's physical potential. I really should interview her and the other woman in the class. I keep saying this and never do it. I'm so freaking buisy with school that I don't have much time to prepare and interview. Hum, maybe I could do a survey. There's more to say, but I'll have to stop it here. Good night!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to try a more advanced technique, practice the ahp-chagi(frontkick) and dwi-chagi(backkick) combination.

February 09, 2006 6:36 AM  
Blogger Karen Jarboe said...

Thanks! I'll try to remember that!

February 09, 2006 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Site Counters