Thursday, February 16, 2006

Day 18

Yeap, class went well today. Did some sparring. I worked on a combination: Roundhouse Kick (Dulyeu Cha Kee), Back Kick (Dui Cha Kee), and Front Kick (Yup Cha Kee). It was a bit awkward for a second, but once he revealed the fault in my foot work, I did fine. The midnight blue belt that I was attacking commented on the power of my kicks. I'm still just attacking. I don't have gear yet, but hope to get some soon. When I do have gear, then I'll start getting hit, which will be another thing entirely. I'm sure. What's interesting though, is that my back kick is so much better when I'm sparring than when I'm just practicing. Anway, I also learned more of Kee Cho Hyung Sam Bo, or my third form. Other than that we didn't do much else.

Hum, so I've asked both the new girl and the other female student if they will take a survey/questionare for my thesis and both have agreed. I just need to come up with one. Also, after class today, one of the male students was asking about my thesis and thought the frailty myth sounded like some sort of conspiriacy. I'm not exactly sure as to what he was referring to when he said conspiracy. On the one hand, he could have been thinking that it was a conspiracy against men, but on the other hand it could be considered to be a conspiracy against women. Anyway, he seemed a little hesitant about that, but ultimately agreed with the women adapting frail philosophies and embodying frailness. I don't think he was too clear, and he just ultimately seemed defensive, but I really didn't get a chance to defend the argument. Anyway, my point in writing about his opinion was to reflect one of the male's attitudes toward my thesis.

Other than that, I don't have any further insights to add. Well, maybe just that the new girl is getting slightly better at her forms, but is struggling somewhat with body mechanics. She still seems hesitant and there's little power behind her movements. Her kiups are still weak and she forgets to do them with her one steps. She's also having some problems with distance on her onesteps. She's really not doing poorly. She practices and wants to do it, but she seems afraid to put power into it. Anway, that's it for tonight. Wish I had something more intersting to write about. And I've had to miss Yoga again. I stayed after class too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Site Counters